Maven just got updated! Improvements in various aspects and parameters for missions to waypoints and more. The complete change log after this video on the update’s tasty feature, hey! also take a look on our updates road map
Maven 3.6.5 change log:
-Improved positioning accuracy in waypoint mission planning (and execution) :
- now when you drag a waypoint or a POI on the screen a magnifying glass appears which shows the precise point under it
- in the waypoint or POI details panel there is now a zoomed mini map showing the precise positioning
- in the waypoint details you can now manually change the coordinates (latitude and longitude) of the waypoint
- reduced the minimum distance between two consecutive waypoints to 0.5m (1.6ft) before was 3m (9.8ft)
- minimum distance between waypoints now calculated in 3D (which means that now you can place a waypoint exactly above the previous one, changing only the altitude)
- increased the accuracy of the drone positioning when it has to stop at a waypoint, now the position reached is considered valid only when the drone is less than 0.3m (1ft) from the coordinates of the waypoint, previously it was 1m (3ft)
-Increased the maximum speed that can be set in waypoint missions to 15m/s (before it was 10m/s) note: not all drones supported by the app can reach this speed during missions, check user manual for more details.
-Reduced the minimum speed that can be set to 0m/s (0.1m/s for virtual stick mission) before the minimum was 1m/s.
-Increased maximum radius of curvature in waypoints to 500m (1650ft), up from 30m (100ft).
-Enables the ability to manually rotate (yaw) the drone during missions with drones that perform virtual stick missions (mavic mini and air 2) (it was already possible with other drones).
-Added full support to the spark drone
-Eliminated the English manuals inside the app, they are now available online (link in the manuals section of the app)
-Added link to manuals in Serbian language (thanks Milan for the translation)
-Fixed an issue that VPG could not work properly in VR mode
-Fixed an issue that could prevent some missions from loading correctly in the drone
- more actions on the waypoint, this also means more types of actions and more flexibility
- more points of interest, the number of POIs is now limited to 3 for each mission will be increased significantly
- Import missions from Litchi, the supported format will be CVS which can be exported from the Litchi mission HUB.
- create mission by actually flying the drone, you can fly the drone and save waypoints (with all the parameters of rotation (yaw) and inclination of the camera)
- follow me, this much requested feature will be added as a new virtual coopilot capability
note: the road map is not law, and may be subject to change at any time at our discretion. the timing for the completion of scheduled updates is also variable based on many parameters, we want to keep the level of quality and stability of the app high so we will take the necessary time.